Central Server Pre-Requisites Overview
Before any installation can take place you should ensure that the appropriate environment is available and that you attend to each of the following items. You should work through the pre-requisite checklist below to ensure that you achieve a successful installation or alternatively you may run the Central Server Installer, which will do an automatic pre-install check.
It is strongly recommended that the SQL Server installed for the Central Server is a clean instance.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 4 CPUs
- 8GB RAM
Minimum System Requirements
- The minimum operating systems supported is: Windows server 2012 64 bit.
- SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher is required.
- The central server must have network service connectivity to communicate with all potential clients.
- The user performing the installation must have full System Administrator rights to both Windows and SQL Server.
- Separate disk drives for Operating System, SQL Data, SQL Log and SQL Tempdb (this setup is not required but highly recommended for any large SQL Server environment).
- A Database Mail profile needs to be configured (for Conductor4SQL hourly and daily email alerts).
- Outgoing emails to email address firstname.lastname@example.org, needs to be added to the allow list.
Mandatory TCP Ports
The following ports are mandatory for the successful installation and operation of Conductor4SQL. Use the Windows Firewall Advanced Security tool and activate the inbound rules for the following ports:
- Conductor4SQL port 4321 See troubleshooting information for this item
- SQL Server Administration – TCP port 1433
- Mixed-Mode authentication must be enabled in Microsoft SQL Server
- A username with sys-admin role is required
SQL Server services
You must ensure that services "SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)" and "SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER)" are set to start automatically.